Terms and Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions
- To book on this site you must be over 21 years of age and at least one person staying in the room must be over 21 years of age to check-in. You must have authorisation to use the credit card. Proof of identification (photo identification) along with a valid credit/debit card will be requested upon arrival. If you are unable to provide such identification your booking may be cancelled, and you will be liable to pay the full amount plus any additional costs associated with the booking.
- The person effecting the booking is deemed to have accepted terms and conditions on behalf of all people named in the booking.
- If at any time a value add, inclusion or bonus is sold as part of a package, that portion of the package is deemed to be included wholly within the package and may not be dissected, removed or redeemed for cash even in the event that the portion, inclusion, value add, or bonus is not utilised.
- All rates are subject to availability, subject to change and may not be available on all dates.
- For the safety and wellbeing of our guests' regular maintenance is required on our facilities and we therefore cannot guarantee they will be operating 12 months of the year. Whilst we endeavour to provide reasonable notice of any planned works both on our website and social media pages, the safety of our guests is paramount and any closure will be at our discretion. No refunds will be given due to closures or failure to notify of closures.
- Not all activities are included and may not be available during your stay
- You accept responsibility for any person/s in your care during any water or land based activities participated in while staying at The Ruby Collection and acknowledge there are NO lifeguards on duty. Any participation in activities or use of facilities could result in injury (including death). You agree to read and abide by all signage and warnings and to follow instructions given by the Ambassadors at all times.
- All fees are charged in Australian dollars (AUD) and all reservations are processed at our trading address of 9 Norfolk Avenue, Surfers Paradise, QLD, Australia. Surcharges may apply on certain dates within the travel period. These will be specified at time of booking.
- Fees will apply for payments made by credit card as follows: 1% surcharge for Visa and Mastercard and 3% surcharge for Amex, Diners and JCB
- The total cost of accommodation (or total package price) is due in full at time of check-in if not requested earlier.
- Guests are required to provide a copy of a valid credit or debit card to cover any incidentals incurred during your stay. This is standard international hotel practice. Any incidentals billed to your room, will be automatically charged each night at the close of business to the authorised credit card provided on check in.
Cancellation and Amendment Policy
- Amendments and cancellations may not be accepted on some rates and will be specified at time of booking.
- Amendments and cancellations may be requested by email on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your booking reference number or if you have made a booking direct on our website you can login to your account to make changes. Charges may apply. Tickets, tours and transfers purchased are non-refundable.
School Leavers Conditions
- The following bond and/or special conditions will apply for any bookings staying over the dates of 17 November - 8 December 2018 and 21 November - 12 December 2019 inclusive, including any relevant details on ages of guests. A bond of AUD $500.00 per room will be payable on check-in at the property. This bond is payable upon check-in and can be paid by credit card or cash. All guests must sign a copy of the general briefing sheet, which includes details of general property conditions, house rules, and provide emergency contact details. At least 1 person in the room must be 21 years of age - ID will be required.
- Check-in begins from 2pm, should you arrive early you are welcome to store your luggage and enjoy our facilities prior to check-in time.
- Check-out is before 10am but should you wish to delay your departure, a late check-out can be requested for a fee and will be subject to availability. Alternatively, you can store your luggage in our luggage room after you have vacated the room and continue to enjoy our facilities before your departure.
- Children are counted in the maximum guests/room capacity.
- A maximum one infant aged 2 years and under can sleep free of charge in addition to the maximum guests/room capacity when sharing existing bedding with parents or by hiring a cot from the property for a fee. Any additional infants will be included in the maximum guests/room capacity.
- Children are deemed as being aged 0-12 years inclusive while 13 years and over are deemed as adults. For Tours and extras, different age categories may apply and are outlined on each extra at time of booking.
- While we love our furry friends, pets are not allowed at The Ruby Collection. This is for the safety and comfort of all our guests.
- Medical assistance dogs, Guide dogs, Companion dogs and Service dogs are welcome, however must be announced prior to arrival.
- The Ruby Collection is committed to providing a smoke-free environment for both our employees and guests. Smoking (including electronic cigarettes and shishas) is not permitted in any of our rooms or anywhere else within the building or property and government regulations prevent smoking in all public areas or within 5 metres of a building entrance. Any infractions of this smoking policy in rooms will incur a $500 cleaning and deodorising charge.
- The Ruby apartments offers a daily housekeeping service Monday to Saturday. All rooms will be refreshed with removal of rubbish, fresh towels and your bed made. On Sundays, we have a “Sleep in Sunday” initiative which gives you the option of sleeping in with no disruption. Should you wish to have your room serviced on a Sunday please contact our Ambassadors before 8pm Saturday evening to schedule the service. *Please note to reduce our impact on the environment we only change bed linen every 4th day (or upon request) and will only replace towels when they are not hanging on the rack.
Visitor, Noise and Party Policy
- In the interests of all our guests enjoying the most memorable holiday experience, The Ruby Collection has a strict NO PARTY policy unless expressly agreed to by management. Additionally, for the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests we request that noise between the hours of 10pm and 7am be of low volume to prevent disturbing fellow holiday makers. Drunk, disorderly, aggressive, unruly or threatening behaviour of any nature will not be tolerated. Damage to rooms will incur a fee reflective of the damage to be repaired. Visitors are welcome and are invited to join you (our registered guests) in using our food and beverage outlets. Access to all other areas including our gym and pool area is exclusive to our in-house guests and entry to these areas will require room card access. Visitors are classed as family or friends not registered to the booking, who are visiting for short periods of time and not staying in the apartment or dwelling overnight.
- Undercover car-parking is available onsite for a fee. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first in basis and cannot be guaranteed.
- The height of the undercover car park is 2.0 metres and while the majority of four wheel drives are under this measurement, we advise you take into account roof racks and other customer modifications to your vehicle.
- Damage caused by failing to adhere to height restrictions and/or failing to use the boom gate correctly (ie; tailgaiting) will be charged accordingly.
- Parking is at your own risk, per the displayed car park signs.
- Access to the car-park requires key card access. Cars are to enter one at a time with no tailgating.